Top Five Things to Look for When Hiring an Accountant
When it comes to financial matters for you or your company, one of the smartest things you can do is hire an accountant. Solid bookkeeping, smart tax filing, and accurate financial statements are all paramount to your bottom line.
An accountant will ensure you, or your business is legally compliant with the Canada Revenue Agency. They also have extensive knowledge about industry specific tax regulations and exemptions to help you save on your personal and corporate taxes. Accountants will provide sound advice and guidance on potential business decisions based on facts and figures, allowing business owners and individuals to stay focused on what matters to them.
To help you choose a qualified professional, we’ve compiled a list of the top five things to look for when hiring an accountant.
- Excellent communication. The accountant speaks your language; you don't need a dictionary to understand them.
- A personal connection with the accountant. Hire an accountant you feel comfortable with. You need to feel that your accountant is there to help you and will take the time to understand your needs.
- Expertise and resources. The accountant has the expertise in your industry or particular situation and the resources to meet your needs. Additionally, you want an accountant who can meet deadlines.
- Technology. You want an accountant who is tech savvy, who can help you with your accounting software. They should be updated on the latest accounting applications.
- Up to date knowledge. It’s important to hire an accountant who keeps current with new accounting and taxation regulations.
For many people, the last thing they want to do is worry about the latest tax laws, payroll updates, or bookkeeping rules. If you’re looking for an accountant who will make accounting and taxation simple, contact MR Fournier CPA. At MR Fournier CPA, we will handle all your accounting and tax requirements promptly while adhering to current regulations, so you don’t have to.
To learn more, please visit www.fourniercpa.com.